Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Friday, August 5, 2011

a new job, a vehicle?

So, today I had my first day of training for the new job, and it is going to be intense! I can just tell, but it will also be very very fun! I have begun to see again why I love teaching so much. This school is a Direct Instruction Private Charter school. They teach Direct Instruction, but at a mastery level. I am learning how to implement things that at times you don't think possible in a classroom, but the beauty is that all children can learn and all teachers can teach with success. It seems like everything I learned while in school will finally pay off!

Now onto the vehicle. I'm not terribly picky about what vehicle I get, but I do have my eyes set on one in particular... see, ever since I was a little kid I've always wanted a Chevy S-10! Why? I dunno... maybe cause it's a small truck and if there is one thing I have always wanted it's a truck and a truck in a small package sounds perfect! Well, when we found out that I got this job my parents and I really began to look at a vehicle for me... even more than we had before. I had looked a bit online last weekend at like ksl and even asked friends on facebook. Well, the other day Dad was coming home from work and went past a local dealership and saw a black Chevy S-10... granted I would love for it to be blue, but black won't kill me... and my goodness I have just grown to really like it just be looking at it. Now the thing is if it runs well and what not too. http://www.murdockchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/used-2003-Chevrolet-S_10-4WD_Extended_Cab_Short_Box_LS-Woods_Cross-UT/1118053753 
There's the link if you want to look at it, but seriously... hopefully I can convince my parents to get it for me... if everything works out well. We are going to go car shopping tomorrow hopefully... which would benefit me loads... because the less I have to rely on someone else the more independent I can be! It will be nice to be independent! I will have to keep everyone updated on if I get it or not! But for now enjoy my eye candy!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

My first vehicle was a blue Chevy S-10. It was pretty sweet. It had been previously stripped down, so it had no interior paneling, no horn, no radio...yeah, it was "custom." ;)

Congrats on the new job! I'm so glad you got something within the education field. You rock! :)