So, let's start off by saying that I am very grateful to my Father in Heaven for the experiences I am getting to have. Every Monday & Wednesday I have the opportunity to go and volunteer in a Kindergarten class at Central Elementary School in Sugar City, Idaho & it is truly a wonderful experience. My first day was Monday... I mostly just observed, but during their time of reading on Monday one girl wanted to sit on my lap while their teacher read to them. It was the cutest thing in the world. I loved it, and it made me feel extremely special! The students are truly amazing and quite smart. It's amazing to see how much one can learn in Kindergarten. I didn't expect what I am seeing. Truly kids these days are much smarter. Take my nephew for example yes, he is among the "more intelligent" of them, but it's still amazing how much he knows and remembers at his age. Well, going on... today, my partner and I had the opportunity to actually teach one of the centers. And it was quite a miracle to see the students work on their addition, or counting coins, and then when some of the students actually already knew how to play dominoes I was quite impressed. Keep in mind that these children are 5 & 6 years old... they are quite amazing! Anyway, my cooperating teacher had recess duty today so, my partner & I went outside to talk to her about what we are doing next week... GOING TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!!!! LOL! Any who... while at recess this one boy... let's say he's in about 2nd grade was chasing girls, and I thought to myself of how simple things were in those days for both boys and girls... you know the stage right before the girls and boys start getting coodies... lol... yeah, it was also very cute to see how accepting they are to each other... it seemed like no one was left out. I like that when no one is left out. I've had many friends tell me that when they were younger they were bullied, and I mean I'm sure it still goes on, but not like it used to... I've noticed that kids are much more accepting... I mean my first day in class and there was already a student who wanted to sit on my lap. I think they enjoy how willing we are to actually stoop down to their level! It's truly a miracle. I love this feeling I get when I am around those students.
Now, onto some more other things... I have been reading children's books for my Children's Lit class, and it's so much fun reading the things I read long ago. It's truly bringing me back to the days of childhood just like being in the Kindergarten class. I am remembering how I learned certain things. I am truly grateful to everything that is going on in my life. Even though I wake up early and by the time I get home from classes and studying in the library, or any building for hours on end I am just still wanting to do so much more, and I love it. I couldn't be happier... I mean... I could, but that's just out of my hands right now... lol. However, there are things I can control, and one of those is grades, and the work I do to get those grades.
I also look forward to the end of each week because I am able to talk to one of my best friends... sometimes he doesn't feel like talking, but that too is okay. :) But at the end of this week it's going to be insane... I have a friend that I met my first semester of college getting married, and Kevin & I are going down to the reception on Friday night... oh boy! I'm not excited about the fact that I will have loads of homework to do, but maybe I can get a lot of that done before I leave! :D And then... my Birthday is on the 10th!!!!! I'm really excited... I'll be 21!!!! YAY!!!! I can't wait to be 21!!!! I don't know why... not like it's any different from other ages... I guess I just want to be as old as my friends... haha! Well, I guess I've said enough... I've got a book to read!!!! GO CHILDREN'S BOOKS!!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment