Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The start of a new semester!

So, it begins... today I am going back to Rexburg to start a brand new semester at BYU-Idaho... I am going to be taking 18 credits and studying hard. I've wondered how I was to do it until I talked to a good friend. He said to treat it like a puzzle... you examine each piece and then put them into categories. I'm really going to use his advice because this last semester he got strait A's... I'm hoping to do extremely well. After all I am retaking a class so I won't have to ever do it again, and I'm taking an online class which is going to be hard work in and of itself. I'll also be studying math nearly ever day... I think one of the things that will truly help me is that I am finally realizing that what I learn I can help others to learn in the future. Every thing I am taught is an advantage for me to become a better teacher. I've always in many ways just wanted to help others learn, and if it means that in the process to learn how to do that I have to work extremely hard then that is what I will do. I am absolutely excited to begin this semester because it is the last of only a few left! The beginning of the end: I'm going to apply for fast grad this summer so, that I can graduate within the next year. I have this semester then fall, winter, summer, and student teaching the next fall! It is truly going to be an enjoyable time. I know that I am to have fun as well as work hard, but I am just excited to be able to have the opportunity soon to go out and teach others what I have learned. This semester I'm really excited to be able to go to the school at least twice a week, and teach students, or help them learn a new concept! I truly cannot wait! It is going to be one of the best times I've ever had. I keep remembering how it felt when I worked at Sylvan and had the opportunity to help a child... it was truly amazing to see the gleam in their eye! I cannot wait to teach a whole room full of students and be able to every day get that opportunity. This semester also means the beginning of getting ready to take tests. This fall is going to be the first time I'll have to take the Praxis... so, I need to learn how to study better, and retain knowledge even more than I already have! I love what I am going into, and I think realizing that was the first step to knowing that I truly will prosper in life. I'm ready to take on the challenges of life whatever they may be. We all have stumbling blocks, but that's what makes this life that much more worth it in the end.

No comments: