Okay, so like most of my posts this will all be MY OPINION because it's my blog and I have every right to post my opinion. Like it or leave it. I don't care.
Is there a problem with society today because social media pretty much rules our lives and we get upset by it, and basically tell everything we want on there? Yeah... there is. Here's the thing I've been thinking about: SOCIAL MEDIA IS ALWAYS THERE! Honestly, it's been in my life since late Jr. High when I first got an email, and I was so excited to go to my sister's friend's house to check it. Then, we got a computer and BAM! I was probably on that computer at least once a day for a few hours. I researched things online, checked my email, and then... WHOA! I had a myspace account and checked that almost everyday... I even started to create my own website, and blogs (which are still out there on the WORLD WIDE WEB somewhere... I just don't use them any more). I've even sometimes slacked on this blog. Here's the thing: NEVER SAY YOU WON'T DO SOMETHING... CAUSE CHANCES ARE YOU'LL CHANGE YOUR MIND.
Back to the point of this whole post on social media... how does most of my generation and the world get their news? SOCIAL MEDIA! Is it biased? YES! Much of the time it is someone else's view on the world around us, and like idiots we believe much of it. Now, I'm not going against what anyone else believes... frankly, I don't really care how you get your news or your "facts", but we as a society gotta understand something... All media is either a fact or a opinion... Let's say Jonny is accused of killing Suzie and the media reports that... now, all of social media blows up about this... Jonny was accused of it cause Suzie is his wife... Well, the fact is though that Jonny didn't do it. Jonny was framed by Rinaldo, but there is no evidence to prove that, and all of a sudden there's this and that going around by Jonny that isn't true, and Rinaldo is seen as a hero because he "found the body." That's just an example of things I've seen and or heard all over the news and social media... No, that story has never happened to my knowledge. My point is this... we tend to believe EVERYTHING WE READ, and WE BEGIN TO FREAK OUT ABOUT IT!
I was talking with a really good friend about some things last night, and something I didn't say that I wish I had... "Sometimes the strongest of us get the most trials because we are called to do something so much greater than the rest." I feel like I heard that somewhere before, but I don't know. Now, let's work on really quick some of the things/issues I've seen over social media for the past few weeks. AGAIN THIS IS ALL MY OPINION WHAT I SAY ABOUT THEM!
First, I'm LDS so... Naturally, there's this whole thing where some guy took what all members and nonmembers have access to in the LDS CHURCH HANDBOOK and kinda twisted the facts around. In that handbook it talks about families and clearly discusses how children under the age of 18 cannot be blessed or baptized in the church without the consent of both parents. Now, for me that was never really an issue because both of my parents have been members my whole life and my siblings whole lives, and my mom joined at 19 so she didn't need her parents "approval" but I'll tell ya that I do know this from seeing my mom and others struggle whether it be joining the LDS or some other faith... CONVERTS TO ANY RELIGION WILL ALWAYS HAVE OPPOSITION! Yeah, anyway... back to that first point... The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is straight forward... It's always been about family and will always be about family. So, Same Sex couples have a child that they adopted, and their child looks into the religion, and they decide "hey, I want to be a member of the LDS church" Well, no... sorry... but until you are 18 you are a minor and should always answer to your PARENTS! Heck, I'm 28 and living under my parent's roof and out of respect I still tell them where I am at times. Now, let's dig into that deeper... say your parents get divorced and the parent that has full custody is a polygamist, homosexual, or is part of any other faith... AND THAT PARENT DOES NOT GIVE CONSENT FOR THEIR CHILD TO BE BLESSED OR BAPTIZED? Well, sorry guys... but first off... the courts gave that parent full custody for a reason, and secondly... that parent is that Child's legal guardian and they do have a say in that child's life... Let's face it "full custody" doesn't really give the other parent any say in that child's life at all. Now, who knows why one parent has complete custody and the other doesn't... like I said... it was decided in the court of law! Anyway, the point of that entire thing that was "leaked" (everyone has access to it)... is that THE CHURCH WANTS TO PROTECT FAMILIES AND CHILDREN! It really confuses a child if their home life goes against everything their "doctrine" is teaching. Now, I had friends when I was younger that investigated my religion a bit, but they never got baptized and if they had... their parents would have had to give their approval of it. :)
Now, onto the next joyous topic... Oh, social media and regular media... you helped us all have a worldwide PANIC ATTACK... How, oh let's first go back 14 years ago... New York City and Washington D.C. were attacked... and then about a week ago... PARIS, FRANCE. Here's the problem I see here. First off, when it happened 14 years ago... EVERYONE WAS IN SHOCK... EVEN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES! So, I don't care what any of my friends out there say... The U.S. Government isn't the greatest power in the world that controls our lives. Sorry guys... but it's truth... especially since the U.S. Government owes the Chinese billions of dollars... BIG SURPRISE WE'RE IN DEBT! ;) Anyway, back to the point... I do mostly believe that those attacks on Paris were planned by terrorists who pretty much hate how the rest of the "free world" lives life. But here's what REALLY BOTHERED ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA... A country was mourning, and I see this CRAP about how we are supposed to LOVE those that hurt us... Yes, many countries were in mourning... Yeah, we should CARE and LOVE them all, but here is what I saw occurring... Paris wasn't just "attacked" their entire way of life was SHATTERED! They went to futbol games and plays and concerts and WHAM! They get shot? I mean... REALLY? Think about it... you're living life and you're at a huge AMERICAN FOOTBALL GAME OR AMERICAN CONCERT... all of a sudden a CRAZY LUNATIC shoots up the place? Oh, wait... that's happened in AMERICA... More than once recently within the past few years some CRAZY DUDE has gone and shot up a movie theater where people are trying to enjoy a night out with family and friends! Heck, I'm glad I've got a couple of awesome guy friends who carry a gun with them everywhere they go because well... I'm not okay with dying yet... and let's face it the terrorists and these crazy people... they're all the same and not only that... THEY'RE CORRUPTED BY THE DEVIL AND WILL GET THEIR DOOM IN THE NEXT LIFE!
Lastly, The Syrian Refugees fleeing to all other countries all over the world... It's almost an epidemic, and here's what I've seen as truth... ALL PEOPLE GOING INTO ANY COUNTRY ARE SCREENED... So, a friend of mine posted this article about what the presidential candidates are saying, and I'll be honest... I didn't read it so my response was kinda dumb to be posted on there, but I also am getting tired of media only telling us all half the problems... So, I wrote this: "Not defending anyone here, but in case you haven't heard the other sides to stories... In Honduras they stopped some "Syrian refugees" with fake passports trying to get into the U.S. found out they were part of ISIS. There were also some trying to get in through Texas & Arizona.
Yes, it's sad that we have to screen them, but really it's standard procedure for everyone coming in and going out of the country. Heck, even going from state to state we get "screened." No, not just when we fly... Think about it... When we travel out of state and we own a credit/debit card it's best to tell the bank where we're headed. Otherwise, they'll turn off the card, and we get stranded. Unless you just use cash...
Again, not trying to be the 'Devil's advocate' here or anything... Just trying to be sure everyone understands what's really going on.
The media is and will always be biased to "scare" the American people."
Yeah... so my point on that whole topic is this: Yeah, hundreds of years ago pilgrims came to this country and found a new way of life, but in case you forgot then years later these men (called the Founding Fathers of America) created the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA... where a ton of people now live, and oh yeah... HAVE FREEDOMS! Did you forget that? Cause I sure never forgot that part of history! Yeah, over the years America has become corrupt, but I mean... do you really want some crazy dude who believes some crappy thing that he says is in the Quran that isn't and he says God is telling Him to kill all people who have our way of life... Do you really think we should accept them into our homes? Yeah, he'll shoot you dead. Oh, let's not forget that they are now training and corrupting women and children as well. Now, don't get me wrong... there are good people out there, and that's what customs and the FBI and probably the CIA are doing... they are finding those good people and letting them into the country! HECK! I THINK IT'S AWESOME! I mean... nothing against immigrants here, but we have had a ton of ILLEGALS come into this country over the past few years and some of them have even claimed to be a nationality "Mexican" and they aren't! Yeah, America is a MASSIVE MELTING POT! But we do have to have some control or well... we're human and we'll kill each other... #THANKSSATAN!
Anyways, like I said... All of this is just my opinion... you don't gotta disrespect. You are welcome to give your own, but don't bash mine... that's really the unkind thing to do. ;)
I love you all. I love the world. I love the Savior. I love to love. I have my good days and my bad days. I freak out every now and then, but please please... be respectful to everyone and everything. You never know what trials someone else has had to go through in life. :) GOD BLESS!

No comments:
Post a Comment