Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

A brief history of America & France

With the events that occurred on November 13, 2015 I figured it would be appropriate to take a stroll down history lane. This will explain why I firmly believe that in this time of need America needs to pray and stand by the people of France. 

This relationship dates way back to 1776 (if we're to get technical it was before that) when America was organized. France had our backs and fought with us in the American Revolution. FRANCE HAS BEEN AN ALLY TO THE UNITED STATES SINCE BEFORE AMERICA WAS BORN! Did you know... An American helped to draft the French Declaration of Rights? 

Let's move on... In 1803 Jefferson bought a huge part of land known as the Louisiana Purchase from Napoleon. Oh, let's be sure to mention here that Louisiana was named after King Louis XIV and his wife ANA! Jefferson however purchased everything from the Mississippi River to the Rocky Mountains. THAT'S HUGE! He also purchased it for about $0.04/acre... today that would cost LOADS MORE! 

Okay, now for a brief moment let's talk about the STATUE OF LIBERTY! It's a gift to America from France representing an Enlightenment to the world of FREEDOM & DEMOCRACY! Our Dear Lady  Liberty came on a ship across the Atlantic Ocean. It was dedicated on October 28, 1886. 


Now, Let's go back to the above website and discuss the world wars when Europe was in trouble, and the Allies consisted of several countries, but just to name a couple: FRANCE & AMERICA.

On September 11, 2001: AMERICA WAS ATTACKED! George W. Bush said, "Freedom itself was attacked by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended." What did the French do for us? 
"NOUS SOMMES TOUS AMERICAINS" 

Now, let me clarify that France didn't exactly 100% agree with us starting the war in Iraq, but eventually the did fight along side us against terror. 

Let's also clarify the fact that the French & the Americans don't always see eye to eye on everything. It's similar to two sisters that bicker, but at the end of the day still love each other, and will be there no matter what for each other. For more information on the attacks on Paris please go to: http://www.bbc.com/news


Finally, I'm going to end with my own personal opinions and views on all that is going on. I DO NOT CARE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE WORLD, BUT IF A COUNTRY SUFFERS YOU PRAY FOR THAT COUNTRY! YOU ASK GOD TO HELP THOSE PEOPLE IN NEED! 
No matter what you believe in times like this you get down on your knees and you pray or you send good vibes to those in need. Last night when I finally went to bed I cried as I prayed for the poor souls who were attacked in just trying to enjoy some entertainment. Those people were going out for a night of fun, and some DUMB persons decided "oh, let me attack the INNOCENT!" Some fear this is just the beginning of what may become WWIII, and honestly I don't know, but what I do know is that GOD is there, and HE HEARS AND ANSWERS OUR PRAYERS. All I can think is how when September 11th happened I was only a Freshman in High School and from that point on my life would never ever be the same, and there are probably some 14-15 year old kids in France that had no huge care in the world, and suddenly their lives got turned upside down. Honestly, their lives won't be the same. To this day I still get on planes and worry about others on the flight, and I am okay if I'm flying alone and I see an American Male who looks like he can take down anyone. Things like this change you forever, and it's not a bad thing either. Anyways, I'm glad I have the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST in my life. I am GRATEFUL that I know enough French that if I want to I can begin my prayer in French. I can talk to my God as if His arms were around me as I prayed. I know, God will put His arms around each of us. I know He loves His Children and things like this BREAK HIS HEART, but He is a forgiving God, and will help each of us in all that we do. What saddens me the most is that everyone on this earth chose to be here, and because of the agency we still have we sometimes still choose to either follow or not follow God. This is my testimony that God is our FATHER IN HEAVEN! HE CARES FOR US ALL & HE LOVES US ALL! MAY GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU! MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA & MAY GOD BLESS FRANCE! Please pray for France!

No comments: