I've been thinking tons lately about the word "friend" it such a simple word, but yet so very complicated at the same time. Dictionary.com describes friend as : http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/friend. However, if you think about the way we (as a society) tend to use the word loosely. A friend will come into your life, and though you may stray from each other they would still be there if you happened to get into a pickle.
Currently I'm working on a story, and I've been thinking about my main character and how she has this friend that has never truly been there for her. However, she calls this friend her best friend. Does that make any sense? Well folks, this is how my life once was. I had this friend that I thought would do anything for me, but it turns out that was untrue. Now, I have a friend I can rely on. A friend will be there for you through thick and through thin. I now realize that. I am grateful to those true friends I have had throughout my life (even if we don't talk as much as I used to).
I'm not sure if I have put this song up or not, but I feel like it applies to a situation that I have been in within the past year.
No comments:
Post a Comment