So, my last post was kind of a rant! This one isn't though! It's about how much fun I'm having! Currently in church I have two callings. I am Assistant Ward Camp Director and Primary Chorister. Tomorrow I start the Primary Chorister and I'm both nervous and excited. I'm excited because I get to do it with the senior primary and a few of the kids I taught in 4th grade! They are such great kids too! This morning I got up and decided to see if I could find some fun stuff to work on the song scripture power with the kids. And It's so awesome I found some stuff for the second verse talking about the Armor of God! It made me smile. So after coming back from a birthday party for all the women who have birthdays in certain months in relief society I got to work on cutting out the pieces and my dad just gave me the idea to put magnets on them. I'm not sure why but all this stuff reminds me of the joy of teaching. I have yet to get a teaching job. Mostly because I still haven't passed that test in Idaho and thus, still don't have my certification. I have however, been looking into private schools, but I keep hitting stumbling blocks! I'm not sure what to do, but I know I'll figure it out. I was down in a slump for a bit, and I've been working on getting out of it! and I can sure say how thankful I am for amazing friends! So, back to my callings. My other calling with being able to go to girl's camp has been very exciting and stressful! I am glad I have such amazing women to work with (especially Erin). She and I keep each other on track! Camp is at the end of this month and I'm more than excited to go! Just before I go to camp I get to go to Boise, Idaho cause my good friend and old roommate, Casey, is coming home from her mission and will be speaking in sacrament meeting! Yeah, life is sure fun! I've been able to spend time with old friends and new friends, but getting back on track has been amazing! I've learned how to look on the bright side of life! LOVE IT!
On another side note... next weekend will mark one year since I entered the temple of the Lord to make eternal covenants with Him. I am so grateful I have the temple and all the blessings it has brought to me within the last year! I do love to see the temple, and I can't wait until next weekend when I go to do a session to mark one year since I went through! Life is truly what we make of it! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment