I've been thinking for awhile now of how to write out in words exactly how I'm feeling with everything that has been happening around me in the world, and with ones that I feel close to. It's crazy how one circumstance can shake you to the very core even when all year you have in a sense been scared for your own health. I think the best way to describe all that I'm feeling is a sense of Melancholy. It's a type of sadness where I don't exactly feel empty inside and I know I'll get through it, but I worry about others around me, and how they are feeling. Now, some of you may be wondering what the heck is she talking about? Well, for the few of you that actually read this blog I'll tell you.
On November 1st we witnessed what was probably something that could rock you to the core. Our neighbor who we were just getting to know passed away, and as we watched the events unfold, and found out from his wife it rocked us pretty hard. It isn't fun to lose someone so more than anything we decided that we would be there for her if she needed us, and so we have been. If she wants brownies GOSH DARN IT I'M MAKING BROWNIES to take over to her. I want her to know how much we care about her, and how much we cared about her husband. It's truly hard to watch someone you care about hurt like that, and knowing that you just barely were getting the chance to know someone.
Well, as things go life moves on right?! Well, On November 8th Jordan and I were doing our Sunday church as we have done during this whole pandemic, and yet again something happened to rock us. We have some friends that have been living with us over the past couple of years. These friends have three cats and a lizard. While the cats stay mostly in their room the lizard was out in the open in his cage where others could see him, and where we could see him as we came out of our room. By the way, this isn't your ordinary lizard. Reptar (his name) is a Savannah Monitor. So, he can get pretty big. Well, on that Sunday we heard a noise which prompts us to immediately go check on Reptar, and we found him bloated and not moving. Well, we and our friends mourned over the loss of this poor reptile whom we all cared about. And then I asked our friend if he would like to bury him in the garden, and so we did. I'm so tired of loss it aches me.
That very afternoon we were able to have my family over to celebrate my mother's upcoming birthday. It was a nice little gathering of the family here in Utah, and it was nice just to be with each other without worrying too much on the craziness that is happening in the world right now. It was nice to just be a family.
And lastly this past week. For the first time in over two months I finally had the chance to work again for a couple of hours twice. And will work a few days next week. And through all the hardships and everything I am grateful that I still have a job. I'm grateful to be here. I'm grateful I can serve those around me, and even though it's hard being stuck inside all the time. I'm grateful I have a home to be stuck inside.
I pray for each of you this holiday season. I pray everyone will be okay. And I leave you with a song by the Gorillaz and a message of hope and peace from a Prophet of God Russel M. Nelson. May these things bring you peace as we approach the holiday season. #givethanks
On Melancholy Hill-Gorillaz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04mfKJWDSzI
Message from President Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment