LVNC Cardiomyopathy
This isn't a post about an actual child's heart, but instead a post about my condition. My heart is weak. The only way I can make it stronger is maybe exercise, but that's not guaranteed. Above is a link about my exact condition. The kicker to it all is that I've discovered signs of this particular condition on both my mom and dad's sides. It all goes back to my third great grandmother on both sides. I guess the biggest reason I'm writing this post is to help others be warned. When I was a child I fainted, or was out of breath quite often. My mom would take me to the doctor and they would always attribute it to something else. I hated that. In other words I'm wanting parents everywhere to understand that it is very very very very important to make doctors aware when your child complains of not feeling well that it could be more than just asthma or sinuses. My mom worked so hard to get doctors to understand, but they always blew her off. I also feel that all attributes to how far we've come in medicine in the past several years. Well, here's the deal of all of it... because my ejection fraction is so low at the moment I am not allowed to have kids right now... that means at least another year of going to the doctor for a birth control shot. Which is a scary thing in and of itself. Also, that means to me that if we are able to have a child we may only have one.
I guess the biggest thing I ask is if you feel like your heart is being weird, or you're running out of breath... get your heart checked! And get your children's hearts checked!
No comments:
Post a Comment