The year began with a wonderful New Year's kiss from the man I ended up marrying in 2016. Did I know that a few events would have a ripple effect into my happily ever after? NOPE!
This wonderful moment soon resulted in Jordan asking me to be his girlfriend. A few months went on, and much to my surprise he had been picking out a ring and was preparing to ask me to marry him.
And so he did... right in front of the DOCTOR and RIVER SONG! Yes, that's probably better than any proposal I could have thought of in my head! The events of that day were perfect, and it was... EASTER weekend which is my favorite holiday.
But then... sadness began... My sister's cat that we had in the family FOREVER passed away... :( It was absolutely a heart wrenching thing to have to go through for my sister, and I hope she knows how much we miss the Shelly Kitty.
Next came my birthday and my mom found out that she needed a heart valve replacement, and I started getting really sick (very slowly). 29 is a weird age... but Jordan made it a fun one. He took me to a Japaneese type steak house.. YUM YUM!
June meant one month until our wedding and the stress began to pile on. I was interviewing for jobs, and Jordan was super good about helping to get things done, but then at the end of the month the scariest moment I have ever had to experience happened to me. I was hospitalized for Congestive Heart Failure. Come to find out later I have cardiomyopathy and have probably had it my entire life (reason why it's hard for me to keep weight off). With my family, Jordan, Jordan's family, and several friends praying for me I pulled through and got out of the hospital exactly one week before marrying Jordan.
On July 8, 2016 I married the greatest man I have ever met! He really takes the sickness and health thing to a whole new level... He is ALWAYS aware of how I feel. He is absolutely wonderful! And I am so glad I met him and married him.
I know 2017 will bring new challenges to our small little family, but I wouldn't want to spend my eternity with anyone else! So, here are a few things I know I'll be experiencing in 2017... I'll finish my first year of teaching ( I started a fulltime teaching job in August 2016). I'll have more experiences figuring out what is going on with my heart. I'll forever experience those challenges. Jordan and I will get to go on a cruise. And he will always be my forever guy. So, moral of my entire blog is some people may absolutely hate 2016, but I think I'll forever be grateful for it! Yes, tons of happened that absolutely SUCKED, but I have to be thankful for finally getting a solid diagnosis on my health!
SO HERE'S TO THE NEW YEAR FROM THE LARRABEES!!!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment