Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Affecting versus Effecting

Throughout our lives we hear about Cause & Effect, but do we truly know the difference between an effect vs. being affected. I had a professor in college who described what an affect was so perfectly that now when I think about those two words I know the difference. An Effect is a result of something that has happened. However, affect is much different. It has to do with each of us internally and how we feel. When we show affection towards someone we show love. I've been discussing much about love with a friend lately and how love is most often misguided, but yet everything is love. We often have so much fear in our hearts that we forget about the love we should have in our hearts for everyone around us. All in this world is fear vs. love. Everything does have its opposite, but the ultimate opposite is just that of affect vs. effect.

As I've said on here a billion times over the past few months my life has changed drastically. I am currently not working at a job where I have to get up every day, and go to a place of work. However, I do still work. A couple of years ago I was invited to go to a meeting to meet some "inspirational" people.  A few of these people have helped to shape my life for the better. One I personally call my mentor because it has been through his help that I've begun to learn my own purpose in life. The cause of all these changes was that I noticed myself spiraling deeper and deeper into depression. I realized at my darkest hour that I either had to start loving myself, or give in to the depression. Both of these were an effect, and both would also greatly affect who I am. However, the choice was mine to make. And the result is this...

I am an affectionate person. I love others, and I like to be loved by others.  However, sometimes instead of loving each other we end up criticizing each other and belittling each other. For example, I knew of a girl who had a rumor spread about her, but instead of just letting all the leaves fall aside she let it affect her, and instead of loving the person she began to criticize. This girl is me. I often let others affect how I feel, but over the last few months I have learned that I am truly the only one that can affect me.

Now, I am in no way an expert on life. I do like to learn new things and expand my mind. That being said, I have begun to find inspirational quotes and I love learning how what you say can have an effect on the world, and how the world can have an affect on you.


As we begin to love ourselves and love all around us we will begin to learn how to send our love we will learn that the best possible option is to love who we are deep down inside.  We can look in the mirror and accept who we are thus affecting our well being to be greater. 


As I look out at the world I see that all around me is love. The air I breathe is from the love that God has provided for me. He gave me oxygen from trees. Oxygen is love. Friendship is love. As we love each other we begin to see beauty in everything around us. The energy of love can be stronger than the energy of fear as we learn to grow from all that we are. 


I do not have all the answers, but I do know the difference between what is fear inside me and what is love inside me. Personally, I prefer to love everyone. I prefer to love who I am. To know that even though there is much evil in the world there is also good. I also know that the ultimate thing we are fighting isn't evil vs. good, but love vs. fear. Which is why to me it's interesting how we fear love. Why do we fear love? Because if we haven't embraced the love for ourselves then we do not know what true love is. So, we end up not liking love for others, and not fully understanding it. 

In the end I suppose my point is this... I wish that everyone could have such a good effect on the world that the hearts will be affected. I know that as I continue to learn who I am, and the purpose I have in life I can see my affection for others begin to effect how they interact with me. I love my friends, and I love who I am inside. I hope we all can see that we are each built from love.

   

No comments: