Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Influences

Lately I've been thinking tons about how other people continuously are influenced by things around them, and especially people around them. Each person you meet in this world influences you in some way. Even the waiter at the restaurant or the cashier at the grocery store has an influence on your attitude. If you have a waiter that is super rude, and doesn't care about you at all then you are probably going to an awful time at that restaurant. If your cashier is super sweet and helps you in all the best ways possible, and does it with a smile they probably changed your day in some way.

Now, I am going to repeat something that happened about a week ago at church. After church someone asked me if I honestly believe that everyone on this earth could be friends... My answer is and will always be yes. Why it is yes can get extremely complicated and I will try to explain it in the best way I know how...
First, here is what I wrote on facebook about it "Because God made each of us in His own image. He loves each of us the same, and it pains Him when His children don't get along. You may disagree with me if you like, but everyone on this earth has a purpose and every single one of us chose to come here with our brothers and sisters and be there for each other. Sometimes even the strongest soul needs a friend." I would like to add more to that. I want to start by saying that Christ had enemies or people that a normal person would not consider His "friends", but He does say that His friends had betrayed Him. Joseph Smith was told "thou are not yet as Job; thy friends do not contend against thee, neither charge thee with transgression, as they did Job..." The person also asked me if I had any enemies at all, or anyone that hated me. Straight up... YES, I do. Why they hate me? I will never know, but I also see it as their choice. Here's the thing... everyone that enters your life they enter to help you grow in some way.
 Things will continue to happen where people will continuously hurt your feelings, or make you feel like you are unwatned or unacred for. The thing to remember is that God will always love you, and He is the only one that matters...
Now, back to the other thing about how everyone on this earth can be friends. I do not believe in friendships being lost. I believe that we as people lose track of others because we have this "higher than thou" attitude where we think at times we don't need anyone to help us. (That includes God) However, I also believe that even those friends I once had that I don't talk to as much any more, or the people that don't think of me as "their friend"... I consider them my "friends". That being said, I also have a difference between friends and close friends. I guess all around I try to love everyone even if they don't love me.
I know many of these thoughts are super jumbled, but I also want to say that if my grandmother can forgive her exhusband than I can forgive that person that didn't mean to hurt me. Forgiveness is also (in my opinion) an influence that shows love and appreciation for others.

Lastly, I like the message that comes from the movie Frozen in the song "Let It Go"... Even I need to not let so many things bother me so much...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That video is so cool... but I like the actual one better! just sayin! love you much! :)