Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Finding my happy place!!!

The battle of depression is both a blessing and a curse. The key is to find the one thing that will make you smile despite all the dumb stuff that goes on. For me that key is serving others the greatest way I know how. Being a Louisiana girl I know how to cook some dang good food. So... My happy place is listening to some good southern music and cooking food and making the house smell freaking amazing. My happy place is going the extra mile to help others see the good that I see in the world. Yes, this world is cruel and mean and not fun at all, but the Lord loves each of us. When you find your happy place don't let go of it. Don't let others tell you what to do or how to feel. It is all up to you. You are the strongest person in the world. My happy place begins with a smile. It's not a recipe for disaster. It's a recipe of the best feelings you can ever imagine. Grow because of your happy place and affect the world!!!

My happy place isn't just found by serving others though. Sometimes I do need my me time. That comes mostly from the listening to music. When I was younger I would find my happy place in band class. All I had to do was play my trumpet and soon my smile would come back from no where. I could be so upset with people around me, but the minute that mouthpiece hit my lips I was extremely happy. I continued to play trumpet through college, and there was one semester (my last two) where I wasn't able to be in music at all. I noticed that it was extremely hard for me, and I wasn't as happy. I love music. Music is a bit of my life. I don't consider myself a very good musician, but I would rather sit in my room listening to music than go out with friends. And for me being an extrovert that's a pretty huge deal. Music is an influence on everything I do, and I usually can't stand silence. If I am silent and there is no music on then there is most likely something extremely wrong with me.

I encourage everyone to find that one moment, or that one thing that helps you in your hard times. I promise it will help more than you could possibly imagine.



No comments: