Now, I get it the whole "you never forget your first doctor" idea... because I always remember that my first doctor was John Pertwee (I remember because he looked like a gentleman I knew from church). However, it is one thing to never forget your first doctor and quite another thing to whine because you don't truly understand THE DOCTOR! See, The Doctor will always live on... He is not William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, John Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, or Peter Capaldi. All of these men did a wonderful job and continue to do marvelous jobs (yes, I'm including Peter Capaldi in this) of playing the Doctor, but to me The Doctor is my favorite character from my favorite story of all time! All of that being said... To everyone who doesn't want Peter Capaldi because he is "old" I am excited because I will love the doctor no matter who plays him EVER!
So, when speaking of Doctor Who to me you better be a real fan and not just talk about how much you miss David Tennant or that you couldn't stand Christopher Eccleston! It doesn't matter what you think! What matters is if the actor did a good job at playing the Doctor, and if his name is known as THE DOCTOR somewhere in time then of course HE did a good job! :)
YES! I AM A REAL WHOVIAN!

No comments:
Post a Comment