Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Besties For Life

WARNING! SOME IMAGES ARE EMBARRASSING TO US NOW MORE MATURE ADULTS! HAHA!

Normally I write about these billions of guys I know that are my "best friends" and their awesome! Well, here comes the most epic post ever about my BESTIE who is a wait for it... wait for it... FEMALE! Shock! I know! Let me first tell you how we met...


Once upon a time in a far away and distant land that was deserted and cold called Rexburg, Idaho I met this guy named Jared Smith. I became good friends with this guy, and kept in touch with him while not at school. Jared seen here... 

Well, see Jared comes up to me one day that next summer, and tells me that I have to meet this most awesome and epic girl. My first thought was why! And then... I met her, and the rest is history! Well, kinda. So, I meet Bonnie Lynn Myers. 
 she's the one standing


Who ended up living two doors down from me, and was my visiting teacher (it's a calling we do in church) needless to say... She was the greatest! She and I hit it off instantly! How instantly you ask? Well, we would talk until the early hours of the morning sitting outside of our dorm rooms, and never kept another thing from each other ever! We became best friends! Not only that... we had 4 strong guys to protect us always that we eventually both saw as big and little brothers! Here's a trip down memory lane with those guys.
best friends!
yes, we're insane


piggie back rides rule!


skipping is always fun!

two of the greatest people I know! Bon & Mike!

this guy is now her husband!




I love her cause she does things like this!


best friends for life!
bon & Jared





Bon & Brad

bon & Voter







he did this all the time!



Bon & Pointer


So, that was our first summer together in a nutshell! There are so many wonderful stories and embarrassing moments that we all are so very proud of! And all of us loved every minute of it! That was also the semester Bonnie met the man of her eternity!  She and I met up in October for General Conference, and it was our first time ever going... Jason Giles proposed to Bonnie Myers the next winter, and by the time Bon and I saw each other again... she was engaged! :)










They were married in September 2007 in the Mesa, Arizona temple,  and I was a bridesmaid for her! :D




Soon, it was back to school for everyone, and Bonnie was turning 21... so, she got a party! :D


Then, a couple of months later it was my turn to turn 21, and well, I had all of these amazing people there like Bonnie, Jason, Jared, and even Pointer... So, what happens but Bonnie and Pointer gang up on me and I end up on the ground after being tickled like crazy mad! Oh, the good days! 





And time passes again... soon Bonnie and Jason moved out of Rexburg and went to Arizona... But in the summer of 2010 I decided to go through the temple and become an endowed member of the church. So, I made sure my bestie was there!


Christina, Me, Bonnie! Best friends always!




Then, some would think the story ends and love fades away, but it didn't... Bonnie and Jason come through Utah at least once a year on their way to Washington to see his family. So, I got to see them in 2011! I don't have any pictures though... Last year they came through Utah as well, but sadly I was too busy to see them, and it killed me bad! So, I made it a point to NEVER let that happen again! I would see my best friend next time she was in Utah or me in Arizona if I had to die trying! Why? Because she is the most amazing person in the world! See, I can not only tell her anything, but I also know that if I am upset, frustrated, or angry at anything she becomes this solid rock for me! One time back in our freshman year we had a disagreement on something. We weren't mad at each other, but we both felt like punching something... so, we punched each other... HARD! It scared all of her roommates, but Christina and well, that has always sealed the deal on our friendship! We've always said that our kids have to be friends, and there are no exceptions! I love her for that! I love her for her spirit, and her never ending friendship! I am so glad that 7.5 years ago she came into my life to stay forever! See, my last semester of college I remember talking to my Bishop in his office on campus. And he said something that has always stayed with me... "Frances, the friends you meet in college will be your friends forever! No matter the distance or the miles that come between you." That is beyond true with Bonnie and I am grateful to my Father in Heaven for her! I am sooo happy that I got to see her tonight! I don't even mind that it meant me driving to and from Provo twice today because I would go anywhere for her! That's what a Best Friend is to me! And I wouldn't have it any other way!

This is what a BEST FRIENDSHIP looks like!

Greatest friend ever was cold!

I almost did a tongue thing... glad I didn't! :)


So, moral of my story is this... Truly I've only ever had one best girlfriend! Guy friends come and go and so do more girls, but ever since I met this gal! It was like the angels from Heaven were singing! :D







1 comment:

smitty said...

Not once did you mention how Jason had a sexy ham.