Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Power of the Priesthood in My Life

Today during Sunday School I started having thoughts about how the priesthood has personally blessed my life and as a result I came up with the following:

Throughout my life I have had many blessing from and because of the power of the Priesthood. When I was younger my father was a marvelous example on what a true worthy Priesthood holder both acted like and how he held himself. I was often able to ask my father for a blessing of comfort or healing, but his shining example always has and still means more than all those blessings. Now, as I am older and spend much of my time away from family I have noticed that I tend to spend my time with more men than women. Someone once tried to analyze me and tell me the reason I did this is because I didn't trust women, bust as I have reflected on this more and more I realize that I surround myself with men I see as worthy Priesthood holders.

Through most of my adult life I have usually had 2 really good guy friends or people I can turn to. Having gone to school at BYU-Idaho finding these important and influential men was easy. This was all due to the fact that in order to go to that school they, for the most part, must be worthy.

Now, I know of several men besides my brothers and Father that I go to for that wonderful and meaningful feeling, but the two I spend much of my time with right now have taught me the greatest lessons. These two worthy priesthood holders have huge redeeming qualities. They would never admit to it, but I know and quite often see their humility. They consistently boost confidence and discuss the importance of the gospel in their lives. This is usually not done with many words. However, it is done by and through their actions.

As I continue to better myself each day, and eventually find my eternal companion I know he will be all of these wonderful men combined in one.

The Power of the Priesthood is a huge part of my every day life. I love the men I surround myself with and especially those two that diligently honor their priesthood. I also really love my brothers and father for showing me throughout my life the importance of the priesthood.






No comments: