Every year since that day I have tried to find someway to reflect on what happened. One year later I wrote a little poem that I have kept close to my heart ever since.
As I Remember
As I remember
that 11th day
of the 9th month of 2001,
I sit back and think of where I was.
I was in a classroom
taking a test when
an administrator came running in
to turn on the TV.
I looked up and as I
look up I see a
plane hit the south tower of WTC,
I see north tower is on fire,
and then I cry.
I weep.
I wonder.
I ask the questions,
Who, What, When, Why, and How
it could happen to the
United States of America?
I've grown from that small act
I've realized how he works
Darkness and Light cannot exist
together, darkness was there
as the plane hit
Light shunned it out to help people live,
to help them understand that it would be ok,
that everything was fine.
As I Remember these thoughts I cry.
I smile because I grew that day.
I became a little taller in my understanding
of the true gospel of God.
Always As I Remember!!!!!!!
I realize now that the students I teach daily do not know about this day, but they will learn about it in history books. They will read how not hundreds but thousands of Americans died by an act of Terror. They will learn how ordinary men and women became extraordinary heroes that this country will remember forever. This morning as I got up I also realized that youngest child in school during that year are now in high school. The youngest person alive is in 4th grade. The miracles of that day can be seen in our children today. When I taught in Ucon, Idaho I met a second grader that was born that day and he told me that his mother told him that he was her miracle of that day. Thinking about how life can now go on and that all the uncertainties of that day I do not have to worry about right now I am eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven for the kindness He has shown me and the paths He has led me down. That year changed my life forever.
This morning as I was watching the television ksl had interviewed a muslim woman who said that in the Q'oran they learn that if you kill one person it is as if you have killed all humanity and that is a great sin, but if you save one person it is as if you have saved all humanity. That made me think a bit about all these people who were so angry with people of the muslim religion and I think the biggest thing we need to remember is that people of all faiths died that day because of members of a group that we now know is called Al Queda. The man we soon found responsible for all those deaths we learned his name to be Osama Bin Laden. In May he was killed by a group of Navy Seals.
I know that the fight has not ended and that more sadness is to come in the future.
Scriptures to reflect on:
Mark 13:7
7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
1 Nephi 12:21
21 And I saw them gathered together in multitudes; and I saw warsand rumors of wars among them; and in wars and rumors of wars I saw many generations pass away.
Pictures to never forget!
Some images I found are very disturbing, but are necessary to see. These are the pictures I felt appropriate to see.
Last, a few songs that I feel appropriate:
We must all remember to live our lives righteously and love everyone even those that hurt us in many ways. Be kind and serve our Father which is in Heaven and His Son for all eternity. Because He is the reason we live daily!






No comments:
Post a Comment