Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait!

I used to hate hearing that IF I waited I would eventually get the thing I wanted most. But as I have gotten older I have learned that IF you do wait for an opportunity and keep trying you will eventually succeed.

About a month ago I got back from Girl's camp and my dad had been researching jobs for me and found one at Legacy Preparatory Academy as a Teacher's aide. He told me I should apply for it and at the time I was kinda nonchalant about it. Mostly, cause I was tired of feeling discouraged. My dad kept encouraging me and so did my mom. I finally just got online and printed out an application and fixed up my resume'. I mailed in both of them and prayed to get some kind of answer and also applied for jobs in the Davis County School District. Last Tuesday I was resting because I had been sick when mom handed me the phone and told me it was LPA. They asked me to come in for an interview on Thursday at 9am. I was so happy because previously I had been planning a trip to Idaho and hadn't quite decided when I would leave. I ended up leaving Friday. So, Thursday I went in for the interview and had my unit from student teaching with me. I left the interview feeling both very hopeful and like it went rather well. I was both honest and told what I knew about the experiences I've had. The lady told me I would hear back within a week on whether or not I got the job. Well, today I had the phone with me just so I would be able to answer it when they called. I had gone upstairs for just a second, but luckily we have at least one phone upstairs. They called and told me that they have an opening and asked if I would like a job working for LPA. I was so excited that I just said yes right away! I wish I could be like my sister and just keep it on the down low, but I just love when good things happen and when life starts to turn around.

Last Friday I had the opportunity to go to BYU-Idaho for my friends' graduation. I was invited by my friend, Stacey, and ended up actually going for all the many friends I've known throughout the years. Congratulations to Brian Christensen, Stacey Corbridge, Jessica Hannon, Bryan Ringo, Kacee Ferrell, and anyone else I've known throughout the years, but didn't know you graduated! Life is truly a blessing and I'm glad to have met all of these people cause they have each made an influence in my life.

Also, I am eternally grateful to my friends Chris & Sadie. Because of them I never have to worry too much about where I will stay when I go to Rexburg for a visit. They are two of the greatest people I know and I'm so happy I can call them my friends! I love their baby because he is so good and happy most of the time!

Thanks to all those you have prayed for me throughout this time and who have been a blessing in my life! All of you have no idea how much you mean to me, and I hope one day I can tell you! Love you all and remember that GOOD THINGS REALLY DO COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!



2 comments:

Brandy said...

Congrats Frances! You totally deserve it!

Sadie Freeman said...

That's so great!!! I was secretly hoping that you wouldn't get it so you could get a job up here, but I'm really glad that you found something you're so happy about.