So, Pictures will be added later, but I thought I'd write about how I just had a birthday... Over all one could say it was an alright birthday. I woke up at 5:01 am MDT because I was born at 6:02 am CDT... it's a tradition I have now... and well, I watched Boy Meets World. Well, then my fam began to wake up about an hour later (and by fam I mostly mean mom and dad.) I had already opened the cards I had gotten so far... John's, Jeane's, Stacey's, and Casey's. All were very nice. Went upstairs and got two more cards from my mother and father. Love them! After dad left for work I ended up falling asleep on the couch while mom made me eggs, grits, and bacon... YUM! Mom and I also went shopping and bought me 3 new pairs of jeans... My others were getting holes, and since I'm losing weight I'm kinda in between sizes at the moment so, I had to get the bigger size and wear a belt. I was able to talk to all my sibs and my other brother David gave me a big hug when he woke up. Since mom and I were already out and had to get my glasses and contacts we ended up getting mo bettah's for dinner and I also got a shaved ice on the side... YUMMY! Mom also ended up making a pineapple upside down cake which we consumed in 3 days! :D When you have 4 people... it's pretty east to do. Then on Friday the 13th (exactly 6 years to the day since I graduated high school, and well... on the 13th last year I got my college diploma) David and I headed to Colorado.
We left about 8 am and were making great time, but then... right after we got about 40 miles past rock springs David heard some kind of popping noise and thought it might be the road... he then looked down and noticed the battery light was one and thought that was rather odd since the battery had recently been changed. He kept driving and then looked down again and noticed the engine was suddenly getting hot. He told me he was pulling over and I was just like what's wrong? There was coolent all over the engine and something just didn't look right. It had cooled down again so he tried to move up the road a bit, and the heat just went back up. We first told Katie and she gave him the number for AAA, and he called them. About a hour and half after this all started we had a tow truck taking us to a repair shop in Rawlins (70 miles up the road and in the direction we needed to go.) We both ended up falling asleep in the tow truck which gave us both an opportunity to rest up a bit for the rest of the dive... however, from all the rattling of the tow truck and getting hungry I began to get a headache and so did David. After we got the van in the shop we went to a Taco Bell/KFC and got us some lunch. It wasn't too bad... David had one of the KFC bowls and I had a Steak Quesadilla. When we were done there we walked back over to the repair shop and Katie had called David. Well, it was our sweet oldest nephew, Michael. He was pretty upset. Katie had told him what happened and he cried cause he really wanted us to make it there safely. David told him to go and pray for us, and ask Heavenly Father to help us so we could make it to him that night. Then Katie came back on the phone and her and David chatted a bit longer. Well, not soon after David hung up... the guy from the shop came out and said it was fixed. Turned out there was supposed to be a plastic piece that helped the belt go around and kinda helped with all the fluids of the engine, and it broke causing the belt to fly off so it couldn't do it's job. Luckily, the shop had the part needed, and they got it fixed in a hour and we were back on the road by 4. (Keep in mind this all started around 11:30 and the tow truck didn't come until 1:30 and then we didn't get to Rawlins until 3... definitely a long day.) Well, We started on the road again... David drove until we were somewhere on 287 in Colorado. Then, I drove and took us to Raising Cane's where I got a free meal... One, because I joined the Caniac Club so, that gave me a free box, and then because it had been my birthday and that gave me a free lemonade... yup, it was awesome! Well, after we finished there it was about 6ish and we needed to get to Kt's... we went through Denver and got to Parker, and Katie's at about 9:30ish. Katie wasn't there, but Jeane was and the kids were all sitting on the couch watching Tom Baker as the Doctor! Yeah, pretty awesome. Well, Katie got home and then shortly after Ryan got back from Texas... so, my sister had a full house! Me and my sibs went to Wal-Mart cause Katie needed a thermometer to check my niece's temperature, and David needed toiletrees. And we went by Jeane's so she could pick up a few things so we could all stay the night and go to GOODWILL in the morning... where Jeane bought me two new pairs of shoes! WOOHOO! Then around lunch time me and my sibs went to Papadeaux! YUMMY... my only wish is that they would have had Boiled Crawfish... I'm cravin some something fierce! Oh, and Christi had something cute either the night before or that day... "You know what would make this day even better? If Uncle John were here." Yeah, it would have been awesome if all 5 of us could have been there. Maybe her Uncle John can visit her soon. Sunday I went to church with Katie and her family, and then Monday David drove me here to my Grandma's where I've been and will be for the next week or so.
Taking care of my grandma has sure opened up my eyes to so many things in life and to help me see it's never all about one person, but it's about helping others all the time. My whole life she has been there for each one of us and she has been a pretty good grandmother even though she is my step-grandmother, but on my mom's side she is the only grandmother I've ever known. I am thankful that I can help her at this time when she needs her family the most. She is a wonderful woman and for me it is an honor to help her. I will post pictures soon... as long as I remember! :D And thanks to everyone who has helped me become a better person.
No comments:
Post a Comment