Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A little less than nothing

Lately, I have had tons going on in my life and the weirdest part of all is that finally there is no drama!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! However, other people have complicated drama in their lives so, indirectly I'm still dealing with drama. EWW! 
On a totally different note: let's go to why I feel this way... As many know on the 13th of February I went on a date with a good friend of mine (yes, he's a premi). It's been really good getting to know him and watching him prepare to leave to go to Brazil in July. He's one really nice guy and I'm learning tons hanging around him so far. Now, many are probably wondering about everything with my best friend in France! He will always be my best friend... there is never a doubt in my mind about that and lately I have been wondering as well what the heck I'm going to do because all I want to do right now is date, and when he gets home that's all I want him to do too. I really think he should DATE AROUND!!!!! I'm seeing way too much lately people rushing into marriage and honestly it scares me just a bit. Marriage is the biggest decision in a person's life. Especially in the church. Anyway, yesterday I received an e-mail from Jonathan that said this:
désolé que c'est si tard...
Frances,
  Sorry I'm getting to you so late...I wanted to wait until after this weekend to get a letter off to you, because we had a baptism planned for this Saturday, the 28.  Well, it was a dry baptism, if you catch my meaning.  Our investigator has completely disappeared and we have no clue what happened or how to get in touch with her...She doesn't answer her phone and apparently she moved out of her appartment.  So, that's my excuse for not having gotten your letter off yet.
  I've found a new penpal!  One of the Elders in my district, Elder Becquereau, from Canada, gave me his sister's address and so I'm writing to her regularly to work on my written French and grammar.  She's pretty cool.
  So, how was your date with the premi?  I was actually glad to hear that you went out with someone.  It's been a while, no?  Get out, enjoy life!  You're still young!  I think I might go to the Singles Ward in Baton Rouge until I either go to BYU-I or whatever I end up doing.  I know I told you that you were locked in my heart and it's true.  You've been my best friend for a long time and I love you forever for all you've done for me.  When I do get home, I promised you a date.  I'm also going to date other girls, because I've only dated one member in my life.  I'm going to date others and hang out with others.  I'm telling you all this just so you don't get the idea that our future is etched in stone.  I'm on my mission, and the very last thing I need to be worrying about is marriage and all that.  I've got time.  The Lord needs all my heart, might, mind, and strength here where I am.  So, like I said, I'll wait for you and we'll 'faire une sortie.'  But I can't promise anything beyond that.  I gotta go, we've got an appointment in a few minutes, but have a great day and stay safe!!!  Love ya!!

                                                      Ton numéro deux,
                                                                  Elder Lundberg
<>
- 3 Néphi 5:13


I wrote him an e-mail back to which I said the following:
Jonny boy!!!!!!!
 Hey, that sucks with the whole investigator... Tiff saw that and she
feels for you cause she knows how it goes. I'll have to get her to
write you a letter! ;) She's the best!
 I wrote you a letter on the whole date with the premi. It was
awesome. Also, I wanted to let you know that I might go on a date with
this guy from my trumpet section. We'll see... I haven't really
decided about that. I might talk to him today in class... hmm...
 Anyway's I'm really glad you said what you did about dating other
girls when you get home. I actually really really want you to! Our
past is crazy and yeah, we will have to date because we'll both be new
people, but you need to date other member girls! You need to start off
your first semester at BYU-Idaho dating tons of girls, but I did
promise that I would go on a date with you (or more than one). Anyway,
like you said... you need to have your whole heart, might, mind, and
strength on the LORD! I know you can do it! Endure it all well, and I
will do the same with school!

your number one!
Frances Mae

D&C 18:10 "Remember the Worth of Souls is great in the sight of God."

 so, as I read his e-mail I was very happy to see that he wasn't thinking about me waiting for him. that is not something I can nor do I want to do. Yeah, he's my best friend, but heck that's all! Anyways, I told my mom about it this morning because of course through facebook my siblings spy on me and then tell mom... However, I read her both e-mails and had no problem with it. Soon my mom will get a facebook then she can find out stuff for herself! Well, that's all for now! Gotta love life!

No comments: