Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!
The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!
Today is the day of green! I love green! Not as much as I love blue or brown, but I am grateful there is a day we can all wear green. As many of you know I go to Adam's Elementary twice a week to assess students on literacy skills. I have been assessing Kindergarteners on Letter Names, but today we started assessing them on letter sounds. I am amazed as to how much those kids know... I love it. There is one little boy who every day I see him he reminds me of my nephew! This little boy reads at a 4th grade reading level... my nephew, is in 2nd grade and reads at a 6th grade reading level. I've only been in the school for a few weeks now and I love these kids. I'm excited to become a teacher and enjoy a whole classroom full of them. On another note, but still along the same lines... today when I walked into the classroom every student was wearing green. All the kids were coloring clovers and I was reminded of when I was about their age and the things my teachers did on St. Patrick's Day. My favorite St. Patrick's Day ever was in 1st grade with Ms. Blackwell. I remember we went out for recess and when we got back it looked like a Leperchaun attacked our room. There were little footprints everywhere! It was way cool! I'm going to love having the opportunity to do that with my students. I love this holiday! Don't forget Brown Day on the 19th!!!!! St. Joseph's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment