Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Christ the Lord is Risen today!




As many know Easter is my absolute favorite holiday. It is this way because I firmly believe that without the sacrifices, without the hardships, without Him giving everything to make it possible for us to be redeemed from our sins NOTHING else in this world would matter. Even Christmas. If he had not taken the greatest leap of faith known ever to mankind to kneel down in the Garden of Gethsemane and take upon Him every sin of the entire world. Past, Present, and Future. He had distinctly said just before he took upon all those sins... "Father, if thou be willing remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but thine be done." This is how he helped save us from the spiritual death, and made it to where we (perfectly imperfect beings) could repent of our sins, and return to Our Father to live with Him. However, the glory that He did that glorious weekend did not end there. He was accused, and crucified upon the Cross of Calvary. This made it possible that we would never again make a sacrifice upon the altar, but instead sacrifice our lives as servants to Our Heavenly Father. Then, on the day in which we call Easter; He rose again. He defeated death. He became immortal, and made it possible that we might all LIVE again. With the most recent events that have occurred in my life with my grandmother's passing this is the most glorious thing to know! I can LIVE with my family again. I can see my grandmother again. DEATH is NOT the End, but instead the beginning of ETERNAL LIFE. I have a firm testimony of the Life, the Atonement, The Gospel, The Resurrection of Jesus Christ! I know that HE LIVES! He lives to teach us, guide us, direct us, comfort us. 

It is hard for me to express to everyone how important this day is to me. I have grown to deeply love this holiday. I don't love the Easter bunnies, the chickens, the eggs (those are just added bonuses that I can live without). However, I love that to me it means friendship, family, peace, resurrection. The appropriateness of it happening in the Spring is so wonderful. New life is what this Holiday represents. It is a chance to renew who you are. I will say it again and again. Without Jesus Christ sacrificing everything and rising from the dead nothing else would ever matter. Jesus Christ had a choice, and he chose to be OUR SAVIOR. He completed the ultimate sacrifice, and the paid the ultimate price. I am grateful for the knowledge I have that He is the Son of God. That He is MY BEST FRIEND, and the BEST FRIEND of everyone on earth. Having friends and family makes it easy to see just how wonderful he is. Taking all of their amazing qualities and magnifying them. 

CHRIST THE LORD IS RISEN TODAY... HALLELUJAH! 



No comments: