Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

A REMARKABLE WOMAN!

This post is a day late, but I still feel like I should write it...
 Yesterday was my mom's birthday! We started it off right by going to the temple... we had a full breakfast there, and then did a session. During the session the power went off, but the Lord's work went on! I love that! The backup generators kicked in and the it all kept going smoothly and when the power came back on it was as though the light of Heaven shown brightly! My parents to this day hold hands! My dad worked hard to make mom's day special! Love that! As I watched my mom yesterday I realized what a spiritual giant she is! She doesn't always see it, but I see it in all that she does! As we were sitting in the celestial room she picked up scriptures and sat down to read as I looked around or fell asleep, and as I watched her read I realized how remarkable she is... she takes all that we are taught in the temple to an entirely new level. What a remarkable woman... after the temple we went to Smith's and walked around the store and getting a few things she needed... then it was time for home... I began to make dinner and dessert. I made a wonderful apple & sage pork chop dinner and for dessert I made mom a pumpkin caramel cake. Why did I do it? Because I wanted to show my mother how much she means to me and how much I love her... she works so hard to provide for me... she has been a stay at home mom for nearly 33 years and has always been there to fight our battles, make our dinners, clean our clothes, help us when we are sick, and many more things... twice a year if I can I want nothing more than to give back to her! Especially since I feel a huge bond to her being born on mother's day and her half birthday!  She means the absolute world to me! I hope that when I become a mother I can be at least half the woman, and mother that she is to me! Her spirituality, her strength to overcome so many trials, and so much more makes me see who I am and what I have the potential to one day become! I love her with all of my heart! Thanks MAMA!


me and mama
mom's birthday dinner
mom's dinner! :D
pumpkin caramel cake

blowing out her candles! :D



No comments: