Bienvenue Dans Mon Monde!

The impact we have on others starts with the impact we have on ourselves.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Messages from on High!


  Twice a year I get the amazing privilege of being able to listen to servants of My Heavenly Father give us the most amazing counsel and guidance! This year has truly been a remarkable experience for me! So, here's a look into how conference was for me this most amazing first weekend in October! :-D

October 6, 2012 
 It all started when I decided to wake up early, but my alarm didn't go off thus my mom had to wake me up... it was at that second I knew the events of the day were meant to happen. My ward had been asked to sing on the sidewalk prior to conference for the Saturday Morning Session. We had to meet at the north visitor's center by 7:30 am which means we had to meet at our ward building by about 6:50 am! Talk about tired and cold! However, as we were briefed on everything we would enjoy and have to endure throughout the period of time we would be singing joy began to fill my heart! I was standing just outside the north gates as you walk toward the conference center... when we started there were protesters on the opposite corner yelling at members, and we decided quickly to start by singing Praise To The Man. It was interesting to listen to the protester trying to sing along with us. As gained order and each went around picking songs I noticed the voices of the protesters were no longer able to be heard and I looked over and they were still yelling... it was in that very moment I realized that Angels were singing with us and God was extremely proud of each of us there. Tears began to fill my eyes as I realized the power behind the gospel of Jesus Christ especially through His music! We sang until 9:50 am and we were immediately escorted into the conference center ( I have never gone so fast while singing in my entire life... I LOVED IT!) As I sat there and listened to the opening hymn and prayer I couldn't help but think that this conference would be one to go down in history for an extremely long time! President Monson was the first to speak and I knew there would probably be a temple or two to be announced which there was, but then he announced about full time missionaries and telling us that young men can now serve at 18 & young women at 19! How amazing for all the young people! If I were young I would totally go!!!!! I remember when I was 19 and all of my friends were leaving on missions and I wanted to know if I'd be able to serve and that was my first conformation that my mission would be to help others prepare for their missions. The talks and sessions just got better after that... with the entire theme being happiness, service, and missionary work there is NO DOUBT in my mind that I Belong to My Heavenly Father's true gospel of Jesus Christ! 

October 7,2012 did not disappoint either and there were even a few talks that made me tear up! You should all go and listen even if you aren't members of my faith... www.lds.org

I AM A MORMON! I KNOW IT! I LIVE IT! I LOVE IT! :-D

No comments: